Monday, December 6, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Love

Ladies, if you're feeling a bit under appreciated at home can I suggest baking?  This is a conversation that happened at my house this afternoon:

Jason: Whatcha doin'?
Me: I was just thinking about baking some cookies.
Jason: Cookies? Mmm!  What kind?
Me: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
Jason: God dammit, I love you!

Here is the recipe I use, but I make a few small changes.  Start with cold butter, cut into cubes.  Beat the cold butter with an egg beater until it's rich, creamy and whipped (2-3 mins).  Add the sugar and beat until well mixed, scraping sides.  Continue adding the ingredients as listed using the beater.  You may need to stir in the oatmeal, but if you can get away with it just use the beater for that too.  I reduce the baking soda to 3/4 tsp and the salt to 1/4 tsp.  I also substitute the chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips.  Yum!

What's a snow day without home baked cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment