Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scrapbooking

I am planning some serious scrapbooking for tonight! Not only am I prepping for an upcoming workshop (November 14, mark your calendars!) but I have developed a new rule for Christmas gift giving this year.

The Rule

Gifts must be handmade or recycled.

There are some loop holes to this rule, which I should mention, I have committed my family to as well!

The loop holes are as follows:
- Handmade gifts don't have to be made by you. You can support local artisans by shopping at craft shows, pottery shows, and online.

- Recycled does not mean your old junk (but it could). Antique stores are a great place to find unique gifts for someone special, and you never know what treasures you might find at Value Village or the Goodwill.

- AND you can do double the good deed by using recycled items to make something handmade.

I am trying to make most of my gifts myself, though I do plan to do some antiquing as well. Here's a challenge though: what do I make/seek for the gentlemen on my list? I am finding the ladies way easier to create for. Ideas?

For those of you who think it's way too early to be talking about Christmas, bear in mind you have to think about it way in advance when you're making your gifts!

I'll post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment