Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.

I can honestly say I've never appreciated the words more.  Not that I had an especially thrilling NYE -- Jason and I went for dinner at Shoeless Joe's (it was good) and to see Tron at the VIP (it was mediocre, but 3D!).  Then we went home and enjoyed a glass of 2008 Trius Red (it was wonderful).  It was a great date night and I enjoyed spending some QT with my love.

The last couple months of 2010 were a bit of a drag for me.  I was crazy busy with work, social commitments, and personal drama, and I think I started to let things slide.  When I get stressed I tend to procrastinate, when I procrastinate I get overwhelmed, when I'm overwhelmed I start to feel down, and when I'm feeling down I procrastinate more.  This is part of the reason I haven't been blogging much lately.

Rather than tackle this issue head on, I decide to spend the holiday break doing nothing.  It was very therapeutic.  I could have gone on doing nothing for many weeks more, but alas...  I'm back to work today, and working away!  I'm getting things checked off my "To Do" list, and I'm determined not to continue to be sucked into a cycle of melancholy and stress.  Instead, I'm formulating resolutions that will really help 2011 to be a happy new year.

I have lots of good intentions for 2011, but my main resolution is to be healthier.


By being healthier I mean the typical, eat healthier and exercise more mantra, but also to be more aware of and respectful of my own limits.  Be more conscious of my social, intellectual and professional needs.  Don't make commitments that I don't have time to fulfill.  Celebrate community and relationships, but don't feel guilty about enjoying some "me" or "us" time.  Find balance.

What about you?  Do you have any resolutions for 2011?  Do you have advice for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment