Friday, December 18, 2009

The Bathroom

For the last couple of years Jason and I have had a Christmas tradition of "giving" one another renovations. Two years ago Jason and his friend Jen painted the kitchen for me one night when I was out. Last year Jason and his friend Craig laid new hardwood linoleum, painted and re-arranged the basement living room. I helped by painting trim. This year may be our biggest, and certainly most in-depth renovation yet -- the bathroom!



When we were first thinking about buying our house the bathroom was on the "con" list for sure. The bathtub enamel is worn off, making it impossible to clean. The taps drip, the toilet requires constant "tinkering" on Jason's part, and the vanity is a 1970's throw back to the times when yellowish acrylic counters were chic. Nevermind the mold that grows on the ceiling and has to be scrubbed from the grout on the tiled walls. Despite the fact that we hated it back then, we knew the bathroom reno was going to be a big job, and much more expensive than a few cans of paint.



We've decided this year to take the plunge and do the bathroom. I am so excited about this reno, I can't even begin to explain it. We're going all the way -- new tub, new toilet, even new dry wall! Jason will be recording our progress daily on his blog here. I will also try to keep you updated on progress from my POV. It's exciting stuff!!



Stay tuned also for some upcoming craft posts! I have been crafting my little heart out for weeks in preparation for Christmas, but have been resitant to post because I don't want to give away any presents. I will try to post them as they are given.



In the meantime, the countdown is on! What are you looking forward to this Christmas? Do you have any unusual holiday traditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment