Thursday, March 4, 2010

As promised...













Here are the pictures I had wanted to post yesterday. As you can see, my Capelet Swing Cardi is really coming along! It does need a bit of length still though. I expect I'll be done in another week or so, then I've got to weave in ends, sew on buttons, block, and it's ready to wear! My first garment, and the end is in sight!!


I've also cast on my Auburn Like Anne sweater, but haven't done much else with it. I managed to hand wind one skein of this delicious Cascade Heathers Yarn. It's a beautiful, rich orange that reminds me of the colour Anne Shirley wished her hair to be, and as an adult discovered it had become. Auburn.



















I tried to get a picture of the true colour, but didn't quite manage. IRL, it's actually a darker, burnt orange. Also, hand winding really bites. I think I need a winder for my birthday. *Hint*

To help with my Anne sweater, I've ordered Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac, which the pattern was adapted from. I also discovered yesterday, while home sick, a local blogger who is challenging herself to complete every pattern in the Almanac this year. Go knitty-kat! I'm inspired!

In other news...

I went to Great Canadian Bagel today and discovered a thumbtack in my bagel. The kind with the hard plastic backing. I didn't find it until it was in my mouth. I'm going back to packing my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment