Monday, March 8, 2010

Truly Canadian

I may have invented a new pizza classic last night.

I think we're all familiar with the classic "Canadian" pizza (pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, mozza and sometimes sausage).  Well, last night I invented the "Truly Canadian" pizza.  It was topped with mozzarella AND white cheddar, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms AND sliced garlic on a thick layer of tomato sauce and a fluffy crust.  It was delicious, although quite filling.

It got me thinking though, about how much I'm looking forward to the fresh tasting pizzas of summer.  I have to admit, I've been in a bit of a pizza slump the last few weeks.  In the summers I like to pull some of my pizza ingredients directly from the garden (basil, rosemary, tomatoes, onion....) and I look for other ingredients to complement what I have (asparagus, peppers, bocconcini mozzarella, goat cheese, etc.).  And sometimes we make it on the barbecue... Mmmm.

I can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment