Friday, November 19, 2010

Healthy Eating Blog

I know I usually save the healthy eating blogging for February (heart health month!), but I'm getting an early start this year.  My major eating shortcomings are related to sweets, although I do sometimes over-snack and eat carb-heavy meals.  I'm going to try to start eating healthier now to avoid some of the pounds that are bound to find my hips over the holidays.  I got off to a lame start yesterday when I had a scrambled egg, 2 strips of bacon, beet/apple/ginger juice and... a chocolate croissant for breakfast.  It was breakfast on the road and I didn't get lunch until 3:00 PM, so I did have a legitimate excuse to carb up.

Today I'm off to a good start, so we'll call this day 1.

Breakfast:
Raisin Bran & green tea

Snack:
Oatmeal & plain yogourt

Lunch:
Chicken w/tomatoes & avocado and garlic rice
A juice box

Emergency Resource/Afternoon Snack:
A banana

This probably seems like a lot of food (and maybe it is), but if there's one thing I know about myself it's that I need to eat.  I need my snacks - if my blood-sugar dips I get shaky, irritable, light headed, tired and all-around hangry.  And nobody wants me to be hangry.  I haven't quite decided what's for dinner yet, but there's a good chance it will also involve chicken.  Maybe that's gross, but ya gotta eat what's in the fridge!  I have no plans to reduce my food intake, just to make it healthier.

Since we all know how I feel about baked goods, I want to whip up something healthy soon.  I have frozen rhubarb, blueberries and raspberries in the freezer as well as some overripe bananas on the counter.  The possibilities are endless!

I'm going to need to keep up this healthy eating gig too -- I'm surrounded by germs and my coworker is hacking something fierce as I type.  Please pass the Purell.

#NaKniSweMo is coming along great!  One false start and a bit of back-knitting so far, but I'm just about ready to separate out the sleeves on my bebe sweater!  I hope to have it done by next weekend so I can start on hubby's sweater.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I also just inspired myself to whip up a batch of my February fav -- Barley Mushroom Casserole! I've been pondering and pondering what to do with those leftover mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete