Monday, November 8, 2010

Transitions

Well, just about everything's packed now and we're living in this strange state of transition...  It's weird living out of a suitcase in your own home.  I had a glass of wine with dinner in a coffee mug.  Our bed is taken apart and we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor.  Pictures are all packed away and the walls look naked.

All this serves to remind me that we're in a sort of transitionary point in our lives as well.  Twenty-somethings, married, no kids.  It's an awkward place to be as many people have opinions about what we should or shouldn't be doing.  We're too old for this and too young for that, etc.  Who made up these life stages anyways -- and who wants to live their life in stages?

It also makes me think of the house we're moving to in St. Marys.  It's beautiful and I love it and I can't wait to make it home!!  But it's a transitionary home as well.  We always knew our place in London would be our "starter" and we only ever planned to live here for 5 years or so.  5 1/2 years later, we're ready to move on, but not quite ready for our "forever home".  Jason and I have always dreamed of a place in the country with a few acres, a barn, a massive garden, and a few beasts.  That isn't exactly in the cards just yet, so the St. Marys place is our "in-between".  Jason wasn't initially keen on the idea of an "in-between" place, but after looking around and realizing we're still a few years from being able to afford that place in the country, he relented.  And I'm so glad he did!  It will be nice to get back to living in a small town.  St. Marys seems like a really great community.

And now I think I'm transitioning from awake to asleep very quickly and I'm worried I might be rambling... More move updates tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment