Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cheater Snacks Take Two

I decided to try my hand at another cheater snack this week. Meet Blueberry Oatmeal muffins. Once again, I altered the original recipe, replacing white sugar with brown and vegetable oil with margarine. I also replaced a bit of the flour with whole-wheat flour. They didn't turn out badly, but are a bit flat. Next time I try this recipe I will tinker with it again, but they are pretty yummy.

I also made an amazing heart health discovery last night!! My Wednesday night dinner date, Charlotte, and I had a Two Heart Salad (palm hearts and heart-shaped beet cut-outs) and Curry Carrot Soup. Both were delicious, but I was shocked to discover I kind of like beets!! I'm sorry Mom, for giving you such a hard time when I was a kid. They're so sugary-sweet! I really wasn't expecting that.

Sorry for being such a bad blogger lately. I've been lazy with my posts :( Stay tuned for an investigative report tomorrow on yogurt.

Confession: I feel I must tell you all that I had cake yesterday. I tried to avoid it, but it was the boss's birthday and he saw to it that everyone tried the cake. It was delicious carrot cake, so not all bad.

Menu
Thursday, February 11

Breakfast: Cheerios, milk & tea
Lunch: Two Heart Salad leftovers, cheater muffin, apple, herbal tea
Dinner: Black Bean Quesadilla, milk & cheater cookie (I might have a glass of wine for dessert. Wine not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment