Friday, February 19, 2010

Lunchtime



One of the beautiful things about this heart health challenge is that I never stipulated how much or how little I would eat -- merely that I would make a true effort to eat heart healthy. Today I am hungry, so I shall FEAST on a heart healthy lunch. I am having homemade carrot & ginger soup, a whole wheat english muffin, quinoa tabbouleh and a cheater cookie. Mmmm...

I have to confess, the quinoa for dinner last night was a bit of a disappointment. For some reason I thought I was making a hearty meal. It's actually more of a salad. The quinoa itself is great, but I think I'll look for a different recipe next time. If anyone knows of any great quinoa recipes, please send them my way!

I suppose it was actually a good thing last night's dinner was light, because lunch at Michael's was not a heart healthy idea. It was delicious, and there were plenty of heart healthy options, but also samosas, coke and chocolate mousse.













In other news, I have more than made up for the lost time on my cardigan. I have another day off today, so I hope to have some real progress to show you by Monday.

Menu
Friday, February 19

Breakfast: Yogurt, berries, bran muffin & tea
Lunch: FEAST
Dinner: Garlic pork tenderloin, potatoes & salad

No comments:

Post a Comment